Standing at a career crossroads can feel very daunting, nobody likes to change, it’s often unpredictable and fear is both natural and common. You may worry about making the wrong decision and regretting it later along the line or worry about leaving a role behind which you deem to be safe and secure.
The longer you have been in a career or working for a company, the more daunting change can feel.
What are the most common career crossroads?
- You are seeking more meaning and purpose in your work.
- A significant birthday e.g. 30 or 40.
- Your career progression is blocked.
- You want more flexibility from a role for example flexibility around childcare.
- You feel bored, unstimulated or undervalued.
- Your company is relocating.
- You realise your current career just isn’t you.
- As you move up the ladder, you do less and less of the things that you enjoy.
When at a career crossroads, you need to ensure firstly, you’re not just bored with other aspects of your life and are focusing your frustration on your work.
It’s often helpful to know and understand your achievement and skills before evaluating your next career move. By ensuring you have done your due diligence into your next career move and have a great support system in place at home, then a change in career can often be a seamless transition.
The most important thing to remember is to think about what you love the most and what you’re best at and remember that you always have choice and there is never one right road at the crossroads.
The team at Purple Panda Recruitment are always on hand to assist you in making the next move in your career, contact us today on 01722 448 448 for a confidential and informal chat.